Lost Fans Get Rickrolled

4 8 15 16 23… Rick Astley

Millions of fans were left angry, embarrassed and disappointed when last week’s finale of the hit TV series Lost was revealed to be a Rickroll prank.

Viewed by 13.5 million fans in the US alone, the finale was expected to answer the many questions fans had been asking since the show began in 2004.

Viewers were instead subject to a two hour-long montage of the music video for Rick Astley’s 1987 hit ‘Never Gonna Give You Up’, which began playing following a genuine opening sequence of the show.

The song was made famous through its use in the internet phenomenon of Rickrolling, where internet users are tricked into viewing the music video by clicking on a seemingly legitimate link.

Many fans did not understand the significance of the video, believing it to be a programming error.

ABC television, who screens the series, reported receiving over six million complaints within the first hour of the episode.

Other fans, familiar with the internet prank, have complained to the show’s producers and expressed outrage on internet message boards.

“I heard those opening bars on the synth and vomited. Like actually vomited. I HATE LOST!!!”

Since its first series aired in 2004, Lost has left fans with many questions, including “What do the numbers mean?”, “Are they actually dead?” and “What the fuck is a polar bear doing on a tropical island?”

Many of these questions remained unanswered by the lyrics “Never gonna give you up/Never gonna let you down/Never gonna run around and desert you.”

Since its screening early last week the finale has been described as the most successful Rickroll of all time for its large viewership and six-year build-up.

1. Keith Ng says:

Dear Molly. Clearly you did not understand the significance of the light in its the greater mythological context. This chart, superimposed on the map drawn on the hatch internal blast door, should explain it to you: http://j.mp/defcon

2. Elle says:

Oh Keith!! =( You got me

3. Jess says:

I never watch Lost and wasn’t home when the finale aired, did the seriously Rickroll everyone?!
    This sounds like the kinda thing Mikey would’ve done for his “In the week that wasn’t” column last year…

4. Jess says:

oh there we go. Stupid computer not allowing me to see graphics. ok well kinda just shot myself in the foot really.But in my defense the computer woulnd’t load the lovely “in the week that wasn’t” graphics cos it SUCKS. gar

5. Hank Scorpio says:

what mikey are you talking about that column belonged to mjo

6. Anna says:

Man, I would have been so happy if this was actually true, SO HAPPY. It would have been the ultimate ending.

7. Jess says:

Hank I have no idea who mjo is but I assume you mean Michael Oliver?

8. Elle says:

of course!

9. MJO says:

I was merely keeping it warm for Molly, who’s pretty much taken it and made it her own. McCarthyism has swept over Salient.

10. Molly McCarthy says:

Hey! One of my stories actually has comments on it!
    I was so sad when I found out that McCarthyism was actually pretty rats-buzz…

You didn’t get me Keith! Almost though, almost…

11. I think Jess just Rickrolled herself.

12. smackdown says:

mjo died upon returning to his home planet

13. Jess says:

MikeyLangschlong where’s my child support money? your unborn child can’t live off home brew you know haha

1