May 3, 2010 | by  | in Games |

Robot Unicorn Attack

Robot Unicorn Attack is one of the manliest games to have ever existed, with Putin giving it two bears up (and we all know how hardcore unicorns are). The idea of this free online arcade game is that you play as a robot unicorn who must run over hills and cliffs, as well as dashing through solid stars while trying not to hit anything too hard. The longer you run, the more points you score. Dashing gives the animation of a rainbow behind you, and if you didn’t think that was bad-ass enough, every so often DOLPHINS appear on the screen!

The game’s graphics are clean and sharp, the rainbows themselves being particularly high res. (Did I mention the rainbows yet?) The animation is also very smooth, which lends the game having a great, playable rhythm.

What really sets this game apart is the music. It really makes this game addictive and is the main thing that keeps you playing. If you aren’t singing along to the main song then something’s *definitely* wrong with you. The sound effects themselves are also good, without there being too much to write home about.

The gameplay is simple. You have three lives (or ‘Wishes’ in game terminology) and the game speeds up along with the music. There is no end per se, just a highscore table.

So, if you’re a bad enough dude to take on a world of rolling green hills, smiling suns, rainbows, dolphins, robot unicorns and a hardcore difficulty curve then this is the game for you. However, if you’re a bit weak-stomached or not much of an ‘extreme gamer’ I would give it a miss.

http://games.adultswim.com/robot-unicorn-attack-twitchy-online-game.html

1