UK Leaders Agree to Share PM Role Following Slumber Party

In a move that has left international commentators stunned, party leaders Gordon Brown, David Cameron and Nick Clegg have agreed to share the role of Prime Minister.

The decision came late last week following a meeting held by the three politicians at 10 Downing St that insiders have described as a “slumber party”.

There has been much uncertainty as to who will lead the country since Britain’s hung parliament election result of 6 May.

Few expected the outcome of shared leadership.

The meeting, originally intended to resolve the leadership stalemate, soon dissolved into a “giggly get-together”, say insiders.

“At 3pm they were discussing who should be Britain’s next Prime Minister, by 10pm they’d moved on to whispering about their crushes and body image woes.”

Staff at 10 Downing St reported that the leaders painted each other’s toenails, ate popcorn and watched The Notebook, with unadulterated laughter echoing throughout the building into the early hours of the morning.

It is understood that following this bonding experience, the politicians reached the conclusion that it would be better for all three men to share the coveted position.

The leaders announced their intention to share the position of Prime Minister at a press conference held early the next morning.

“We realise this will come as a shock to many of our supporters, but we truly believe that this is the best way forward for our country. Best Friends Forever!”

UK fashion house Burberry has been commissioned to produce official friendship bracelets commemorating the agreement.

Britain will now face a significant administrative overhaul in order to accommodate the BFF power-sharing agreement.