Vice President (Education)

YAY! The end of trimester is sooooo close! So close you can taste it! Mine tastes like Pimms and lemonade, mixed with some Grey’s Anatomy and a good book. Can’t wait!

You can tell its end of trimester time. People crammed into the library, waiting an hour for the computer, people still in the cyber commons at 2am in the morning (I know!). Students are finishing off their essays and beginning study for exams. People running around panicked because they realise they should have done their assigned readings during the trimester instead of just before their exams.

To commemorate the end of the trimester (how many times have I said that now? Can you tell that I’m excited?!?) I have decided to write a ‘Top 10 tips for study’, which will probably be of no use to you, but the good intention is there.

1. Do you readings. Simple, I know, but commonly not done
  2. Language students should go check out the Language Learning Center. They have heaps of resources to take advantage of
  3. If you are having some major trouble contact Student Learning Support Services or Te Pūtahi Atawhai, they will be able to help you out
  4. Draw mind maps. Go crazy, use highlighters and crayons! An easy way to remember lots of information
  5. Don’t get drunk/stoned on the day of an exam. It does not appear to help you remember things
  6. Remember to take a break from studying every hour or so. Go for a walk around the block, do some star jumps, run up and down Mount Street a few times
  7. Facebook has proven, the world over, to be very unhelpful when studying
  8. Eat some good kai. As tempting as it is to quick, shit food, its not good for your body. Good, healthy food will help you keep on top of your workload
  9. Be confident. Even if you are freaking out, walking into an exam confident is likely to improve your grade!
  10. And finally;

11. If all else fails look to Dumbledore for knowledge. The man is pretty smart.

So good enjoy the last two weeks of trimester and good luck with your exams. No doubt I’ll see a few of you in the cyber commons over the next few weeks.

May the force be with you, always.

1