Vice President – Welfare

Stress Free Study Week

VUWSA’s Stress Free Study Week is back to help you get through your last minute exam preparation and study. During study week (8-11 June) you’ll be able to pick up a free breakfast at Kelburn, Pipitea and Te Aro campuses. These will definitely be worth getting up early for. Come to University between 8 and 10am where you can stock up on all your favourite cereals, spreads, toast, fruits and drinks.

Also returning are the extremely popular free 10 minute neck rubs (by qualified masseuses) at Kelburn and Pipitea. You’ll need to book in a time on the day as places will be limited. We’ll also be visiting the Design School late in the evening during the week to feed them up on deep fried and barbequed goodness to help you get through the night.

More detailed information will be on our website, around campus and in this week’s Salient.

Free Energy Audits

As part of the VUWSA Warm My Flat Campaign, an exciting opportunity has arisen! The Home Energy Advice Centre will be conducting a couple of free Home Energy Audits for some lucky student flats during study week courtesy of VUWSA.

We are running a competition to find the best flat for the Energy Audits and for those who don’t win there will be a chance for you to learn how to do one in Salient next trimester.

Entry forms can be found on the VUWSA website or outside the VUWSA Kelburn office. Entries can be dropped off there or emailed to your awesome Environmental Officer Zack Dorner via environmental.officer@vuwsa.org.nz by Tuesday 1st June 2010.

To enter the competition a majority of the tenants in the flat must be Victoria students. You, your flat mates, and your landlord must also be happy with having photos/videos of your flat taken and to be asked some questions during the audit about how you use your flat.

These will help you cut down on your power bills, keep you healthy and show you ways you can make you flat much more livable. You can find more information about the Warm My Flat Campaign on the VUWSA website and keep an eye out for Zack’s columns in Salient.

www.vuwsa.org.nz

1. Intimacy and the Environment
  2. Surprise Surprise, Another US School Massacre
  3. Dear Daddy Dave
  4. The Weekly Planet
  5. Throwback T-Swizzle: Speak Now
  6. Books to Films
  7. Books to Films
  8. Still Life with Chickens
  9. Silicon Valley Season 5
  10. The Adam Portraiture Award is Anachronistic and Goofy and I Love It