We’re so close to finding the VUWSA van

The story so far:

The VUWSA van broke down in late January, on the way to Campus A Low Hum, somewhere in the Otaki vicinity.

The VUWSA van has not been seen at VUWSA, or in Wellington, since.

We asked you, dear Salient readership, to help us out in our quest to track down the VUWSA van. You gave us no leads. Thanks for nothing.

The VUWSA van has not been used for any of the purposes we speculated last week. Thank god. Although it’s probably just waiting…waiting. Waiting to pounce.

It has been determined that the VUWSA van is still in Otaki. Otaki is also known as “Sunny Otaki”. Otaki has a population of 5600. It is also home to the Bendon Outlet Store, which is popular with the ladies. There is also a beach.

According to Wikipedia, there is only one “notable” person from Otaki: Iain Hewitson, an Australian TV chef. I mean, who even is this guy?

Shout out to Te Wananga O Raukawa.

Anyway, back to the story. We searched up and down State Highway One for the van on Google Maps (street view), with no success. It’s highly likely that the street view hasn’t been updated since the VUWSA van went AWOL. Waste of two hours of my time.

Needless to say, all it took was one question over Gmail chat to find out that the VUWSA van is at a mechanics in Otaki.

According to the online version of the Yellow Pages, there are four mechanics in Otaki:

1. All Things Automative
  2. Auto-Care 95
  3. Otaki Automotive Services
  4. Rahui Service Centre

There was also this BMW parts place, but we figured it could probably be eliminated from our list of places to look for the VUWSA van.

1. Issue 03 – Nō hea koe?
  2. Ka Tangi Te Tītī, Ka Tangi Te Kākā, Ka Tangi Hoki Ahau, Tīhei Maui Ora
  3. I Lift My Eyes
  4. The H-Word
  5. Where are you from?: A Loaded Question
  6. Stay Healthy: Fresher Flu is Back
  7. Māori and Pasifika support services: New phone, who dis?
  8. A Gay Old Time: Wellington Pride Festival 2019
  9. The Party Line: MMP 5% Threshold
  10. Piki Brings Four Counsellors to Victoria, One to Massey
Horse Betting-01

The Messara Report on New Zealand Horse Racing

: My mum’s family loves a “flutter”.   A “flutter” is Kiwi slang for betting. Usually on horse racing, but we’re also partial to the odd greyhound meet or two. In April 2018, the Minister for Racing, Winston Peters, released the Messara report, calling for the clos