Wishbone Opens on Campus!

Oh yeah and a new building does too

Last week food on campus went up a notch with the opening of Wishbone’s newest store.

The store is located in Victoria University’s newest building, the Alan MacDiarmid Building.

“This is the latest development in teaching and research space at Victoria and will ensure we continue our world-class work in science,” Professor Neil Quigley, Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research) said at the opening of the doors ceremony.

“This place is delicious,” says Political Science student Sarah.

The Alan MacDiarmid Building was built as a specialist research and teaching facility for Victoria’s science departments.

The building also includes sustainable energy- and water-efficient technologies.

Professor Alan MacDiarmid is a Victoria alumnus and Nobel Prize winner. He won the Nobel Prize for discovering that plastics can be made to conduct electricity. So you can thank him for your cell phone displays.

The building includes new generation lecture theatres with flash-as audio systems and videoconferencing abilities. And chairs on wheels!

Faculty of Science and Engineering staff will be the building’s main users. The research groups of the School of Biological Sciences and the School of Chemical and Physical Sciences will be moving to the new building, in trimester two students will begin learning in this space and the offices and laboratories upstairs will be filled with researchers.

News Editor and Chief Editor-Annoyance. Thinks you should volunteer to write news. Is easily distracted by shiny things.

1. Eye on Exec
  2. The Bizarre Double Take of Arrested Development Season Four
  3. The “F” Word
  4. Bill McKibben Interview
  5. Terrible, Thanks for Asking
  6. “Drain the Swamp!” No Seriously Donald, People are Falling In
  7. Joshua Kingsford: Bear With Me
  8. Greenwashing: It’s Not Easy Being a Conscious Consumer
  9. Political Round-up
  10. Royal Wedding Reactions on the Streets on London