Another One Bites the Dust

News

VUWSA Clubs Officer resigns

Clubs Officer Fraser Pearce resigned from the VUWSA exec early last week, just one week after nominations opened for the upcoming by-election, where VUWSA’s other vacant positions will be contested.

As the vacant Clubs Officer role is unable to be contested at the by-election, the VUWSA exec is now required to co-opt someone into the position.

President Max Hardy told Salient that VUWSA would decide on this process at the next exec meeting.

“We are now focused on finding a good replacement who can do the role well for the rest of the year. There are a lot of exciting things still to do in the role.”

According to Hardy, Pearce resigned to focus on his studies in trimester two.

Pearce won the position in the 2010 General Election with 955 votes against 463 votes of no confidence. He also unsuccessfully ran for University Council Representative.

Highlights of Pearce’s career include the upcoming VUWSA Dress Up Day and Faith Week. It remains unclear as to whether the latter will go ahead.

As reported in Salient’s Eye on Exec, Pearce recently took three weeks to correctly format his work report, even though exec members are provided with a template.

In May his salary was reduced for a fortnight when he failed to complete enough work.

1. Tequila says:

this is bizarre, they all resigned early last year as well. what is the point of a student association????? Why are they leaving so readily.

2. peter mccaffrey "milshake" says:

I miss Fraser he was My best friend and favourite exec
    My milshakes always brought him to the yard and damn right they’re better than yours

10. Cuts From the Deep: Lucille Bogan