Campus Hub-ba Hubba

News

Campus Hub makeover makes progress

The Campus Hub project is heating up, with plans for the first stage to be completed in February 2013.

Operations will begin in November with the closing off of the quad to begin construction on the so-called Campus Hub.

The closing of the quad will see food kiosks moved to the area between Old Kirk and Hunter Building in August and September. The quad canopy will also be removed during these renovations. The development of alternative pathways and parking areas for scooters and motorbikes is already underway.

The University and VUWSA Trust will both fund the development, contributing $67 million and $12 million respectively.

The key aims of the project are to “improve the flow” and to “create a central heart to the campus”. The quad will be excavated down to the same level as the Student Union Building (SUB), simultaneously increasing connections between the SUB, Library and Kelburn Parade, and operating as a centre for students to study and socialise.

1. Access Denied – Invisible City
  2. Tapu and Noa
  3. It’s not you, it’s Hookup Culture
  5. Touching on Taboo
  6. WOMAD
  7. National Urges Govt to be More Ambitious with Child Poverty Legislation
  8. Doin’ it for the Retweets: NZ Police’s Rainbow Car
  10. Sexual Violence Court Pilot