NZUSA has conference, not a lot probably happened

News

The head honchos from students’ associations across the country gathered in Dunedin last week for the New Zealand Union of Students’ Associations (NZUSA) annual July Conference.

“Student delegates from all around New Zealand will be discussing many issues pertinent to the current tertiary environment,” NZUSA Co-President David Do said prior to the conference.

How the government’s 2010 Budget, and general direction in tertiary education policy will affect quality, access and equity in tertiary education will be a main talking point for the four-day conference.

The programme also includes addresses from Tertiary Education Minister Steven Joyce and Tertiary Education Union national secretary Sharn Riggs.

Salient understands that a change document, proposing a new structure for NZUSA, has been revised by Otago University Students’ Association President Harriet Geoghegan. The recommendations of the document and the future of NZUSA will be discussed by delegates.

Salient may have coverage from the conference in next week’s issue. It depends if Critic can be bothered going or not.

1. Access Denied – Invisible City
  2. Tapu and Noa
  3. It’s not you, it’s Hookup Culture
  5. Touching on Taboo
  6. WOMAD
  7. National Urges Govt to be More Ambitious with Child Poverty Legislation
  8. Doin’ it for the Retweets: NZ Police’s Rainbow Car
  10. Sexual Violence Court Pilot