Toasties (without a toastie maker)

The Lyons Share

I practically lived off toasties these past holidays; they’re quick and easy to make, fill you up, and are so versatile—throw whatever’s left in the fridge between two slices of bread, and you’re good to go. Well, within reason. That could probably make a good game actually—finding the worst combo and daring your friends to eat it…

Until I saw it first-hand, it had not occurred to me that one can make toasties without using a toastie-maker. Seems simple enough once you know about it, but in case (like me) you’d never thought about it, I thought I’d share the method today.

Make a sandwich of your ingredients, and butter the outside faces of bread or give them a spritz of cooking spray. Cook them using a pan or fryer over medium heat. When the bottom side is golden, flip it over and cook the other side. Flattening the toastie with a fish slice sometimes helps too. When the second side is golden, they’re done.
Simple, no?

Food Tip of the Week: When using bacon, roll the package before opening it. It helps separate the individual slices.

1. Pizza Base Recipe
  2. VUWSA to Sell Van
  3. Hunter Lounge Raking in Business as Reality Sets In
  4. Rule and Exception
  6. Volume 81 Issue 03: Stale-ient
  7. Are We Live
  8. 15 Things I’d Rather Do Than “Discuss With the Person Next to Me” in a Lecture
  9. Superorganism Self-Titled
  10. Trump’s America