Vice-President Welfare

Executive column

Welcome back! We’ve been working hard over the break so you have a great trimester two. If you are lost our Kelburn offices have moved up one level next to Mount Street Bar and Café in the Student Union Building as part of the Campus Hub Project. You’ll still be access all the welfare, class rep information, services like car parks and lockers, clubs and events from here.

Re-Orientation
The first week back is Re-Orientation, and the VUWSA Clubs and Events Team and the VBC 88.3FM have been working frantically to ensure you have a fun-filled week. There will be a week of gigs, speed dating, poker series and movie screenings.

If you missed your chance to join a club or sports team, you have another chance in the Quad between 12 and 2PM to see what tickles your fancy. Keep an eye out for in Salient.

VUWSA By-Election
Nominations are open for the positions of Vice-President (Education) and (Administration), Queer and International Officer. If you’re keen and hardworking run!

Week Long Events
Check out Zack’s column (hopefully) about his choice Environmental Week in Week Two. Then at the start of August, we’ll be bringing you Healthy Life Styles Week. It will be a week full of things that you can do to make your life that little bit healthier be it through exercise, food, or fun. We’ll be announcing more soon.

Campus Angels
If you’re ever on campus late grab a Campus Angels to walk you home. The service, makes sure students can get home, or to public transport safely. Campus Angels are great amazing people and you’ll find them at Kelburn Library, Te Aro atrium and Law School Library usually from 7.30 PM.

Campus Safety Audit
This trimester the Welfare Team will be working with Caitlin, your Women’s Rights Officer will be undertaking a Campus Safety Audit. We’ll be investigating where you feel unsafe on campus and what we can do as your Students’ Association to increase your feeling of safety while on and around campus. If you want to help out, come and have a chat with one of us.

Specific details about the above can all be found on our website. So, enjoy Re-Orientation, get involved in weeklong events we have coming up and help make your campus feel safer to you.

Seamus Brady, wvp@vuwsa.org.nz, www.vuwsa.org.nz

1. Issue 14, Vol 81: Queerlient
  2. Vegan Choc Chip Cookies
  3. Words Cut Loose
  4. Corduroy – “The Usual” Single Review
  5. Nanette
  6. Alex Strangelove
  7. The Normal Heart
  8. Analysing the Queer Content in Children’s Puberty Books
  9. Podcasts Are For the Gays
  10. From the Archives