VUWSA gets dirty with the hoes

News

Plants new vege garden, mucks more shit up

After pledging to support a more sustainable community at Victoria University, VUWSA has recently re-planted their vegetable garden.

A recent addition to the VUWSA Constitution, the notion of a sustainability goal at Vic was generally welcomed by the student body at a recent IGM. While the VUWSA vege garden was developed many years ago by a former environmental officer, its recent changes were aimed at making students think about growing their own produce.

With winter weather hampering gardening efforts across Wellington, VUWSA Environmental Officer Zachary Dorner remained positive about their initiative despite concerns for the amount of produce the garden could deliver.

“Ideally the VUWSA vege garden will get people thinking about gardening. It’s a cheap, healthy and very local way for students to feed themselves.
Students are of course welcome to pick the rosemary and a few lettuce leaves. We may give it away with food bank packages or for free in the quad.”

The VUWSA garden is located outside their former offices in the Student Union Building. Suggestions for developments and ideas on distributing the food are welcomed.

1. Access Denied – Invisible City
  2. Tapu and Noa
  3. It’s not you, it’s Hookup Culture
  5. Touching on Taboo
  6. WOMAD
  7. National Urges Govt to be More Ambitious with Child Poverty Legislation
  8. Doin’ it for the Retweets: NZ Police’s Rainbow Car
  10. Sexual Violence Court Pilot