Boyd Wilson Stuck in Pre-Game Showers

Stupid gaping hole filled with construction toys almost nearly close to being something, maybe.

The prolonged redevelopment of the Boyd Wilson Field is approaching its conclusion, with the project designated a new deadline of early October. It was originally intended for completion by the end of August, but consistent heavy rain since construction began on 15 March has pushed it further and further back.

Although the field currently resembles a muddy bog, it will be fitted with artificial turf and a new drainage system suited to the unique geological characteristics of the site. The new surface, along with accompanying floodlights, will create a safe, all-year playing surface for the university.

VUWSA President Max Hardy says an opening event is planned for the project’s completion. He says the finished product will greatly benefit the university.

“The project will dramatically increase the number of usable hours per week and the quality of the surface and games that can be played on it.”

The original proposal was made last year, outlining prospective use of the facility by students. A timetabled plan for its use is expected, with $50 an hour being the anticipated cost. Up to four teams will be able to use the turf simultaneously. Maintenance expenditure will be continuous to make sure the field remains in good condition.

There are still a few hurdles to jump over before the project is finished. The floodlights need to be completed, and asphalt paths ringing the field as prior to the redevelopment also need to be laid. Finally, 500 cubic metres of sand and rubber granules will be introduced to create the playing surface.

Any questions about the redevelopment can be directed to Satish Dahya, the project manager, at satish.dahya@vuw.ac.nz.

1. AUSA President Anand Rama Resigns
  2. My Attention is Broke
  3. WHERE VIRAL DREAMS GO TO DIE
  4. Storytime: Angst, Agony, and Adorable Babies in Teen Mom YouTube