New and Improved Fee Fi Fo Forum

An opportunity for students to have a direct input into their education will take place at next month’s Student Forum.

Held in the Memorial Theatre on Monday 6 September from 2 – 3pm, the forum will be hosted by Chancellor Ian McKinnon, Vice-Chancellor Pat Walsh and VUWSA President Max Hardy.

This forum is a follow-on from last year’s fee forum, but this year students will have the opportunity to ask questions about more than just fees.

Hardy says he thinks this development will be received well by students.

“VUWSA thought that some students would appreciate the opportunity to engage with the leaders of VUW about the general direction of VUW, rather than just about fees.”

The forum will cover government policies impacting the university, key developments in the university and the student fees process, including the setting of domestic fees for 2011.

The forum will also enable McKinnon, Walsh and Hardy to communicate the issues considered by the University Council when setting student fees and determining the university’s strategic direction.

This forum is similar to Massey University’s Vice-Chancellor’s Student Forum held in July, which also allowed students the opportunity to ask questions on a range of topics. Unlike Massey’s forum, the Victoria forum will not be accessible online.

1. AUSA President Anand Rama Resigns
  2. My Attention is Broke
  3. WHERE VIRAL DREAMS GO TO DIE
  4. Storytime: Angst, Agony, and Adorable Babies in Teen Mom YouTube