No Confidence not on the cards

News

Students hoping to vote No Confidence for Publications Committee Representative will be sorely disappointed after it was not included as a voting option in online ballot forms for the VUWSA by-election.

The VUWSA Constitution states that where there is only one candidate standing for a position on the VUWSA exec, “you may vote ‘no confidence’ for that position”.

However, the Publications Committee is dealt with separately to positions on the VUWSA exec, in Schedule 2, 24 C of the Constitution.

This sub-clause reads “For the Publications Committee, you may vote for up to two candidates”. No mention is made in the Constitution of whether no confidence needs to be included as a voting option if there is only one candidate standing for the position.

The sole candidate for the Publications Committee Student Representative is Timothy Parker.

Students still have the option of selecting ‘no vote’ on their ballot forms.

Editor for 2010, politics nerd, panda fan and three-time award-winning student journalist.

1