Posters for VUWSA’s lost clause cause confusion

News

Whodunnit?!

Posters appealing for the “lost” Section 3 B: Goal 8 of the VUWSA Constitution mysteriously appeared on the Kelburn campus last Thursday.

As Salient went to print, no one had claimed responsibility for being the posters’ brainchild.

ACT on Campus President Peter McCaffrey and Chair of the Lower North Island Young Nats Lauren Brazier have both said they are not responsible for the posters.

There was speculation among some circles that Salient was behind the campaign.

“Uh, you do realise we have better things to do with our time, right? Like, make a magazine,” Salient Editor Sarah Robson said.

“Posters are, like, so last century,” she added.

Goal 8 of the VUWSA Constitution deals with accountability. VUWSA is constitutionally obliged “to ensure that the structures and procedures of the Association result in effective and efficient communication, management and accountability”.

The poster adds a final plea for this particular part of the constitution: “if found, please oblige”.

If anyone has any further information regarding the identity of those behind the posters, or the location of the lost clause, please contact Salient. We’re curious. All information will be treated as confidential.

1