Science Club Creates a Reaction

Victoria Univerity’s first Science Club had their inaugural meeting late last month after the club’s Facebook group received a staggering response. The club was founded last semester by three second-year students.

President William Guzzo, Vice-President Michelle Cook and Treasurer Felix Barber first came up with the idea for the Science Club during a casual conversation.

Guzzo says they wanted a forum that would bring all science students together because the faculty appeared to be fragmented.

“Other faculties have their clubs and groups, like Law and Commerce, but we don’t have one that brings all science students together.”

Science-based clubs set up in the past include Chemistry and Physics clubs, and there is currently a Geology Society on campus.

The Science Club’s founders eventually want their club to be of the same calibre as VUWLSS and VicCom representative groups.

So far 91 people have joined the group on Facebook, with 26 people attending Friday night’s event.

At the meeting, postgraduate and first year representatives were elected. The club now has a full executive committee which plans to meet next week to plan future events.

1. Sonya says:

Shot Guzz!

2. Poor Bachelor of Farts student says:

Time for an Arts club?