Victoria Proves Popular for Politicians

Victoria University will be graced with the presence of both New Zealand First Leader Winston Peters and Labour MP Grant Robertson this Wednesday.

Following the recent visits of Prime Minister John Key, both politicians are visiting the university to talk to students.

Peters will speak in Meeting Room 3 of the Student Union Building at Kelburn Campus from 12 – 1pm. All are welcome and questions will be taken.

Robertson, Labour’s Spokesperson for Tertiary Education, is holding a Tertiary Talk in Cotton 118 at Kelburn Campus from 5.30pm. He will be discussing Labour’s views for tertiary education and will address current issues such as enrolment caps and restricted access to student loans.

Peters also visited the university’s Te Herenga Waka Marae last Monday for a Maori Business Hui. These visits follow New Zealand First’s recent calls for the government to ensure that domestic students do not miss out to international fee-paying students in their access to tertiary education.

1. Issue 03 – Nō hea koe?
  2. Ka Tangi Te Tītī, Ka Tangi Te Kākā, Ka Tangi Hoki Ahau, Tīhei Maui Ora
  3. I Lift My Eyes
  4. The H-Word
  5. Where are you from?: A Loaded Question
  6. Stay Healthy: Fresher Flu is Back
  7. Māori and Pasifika support services: New phone, who dis?
  8. A Gay Old Time: Wellington Pride Festival 2019
  9. The Party Line: MMP 5% Threshold
  10. Piki Brings Four Counsellors to Victoria, One to Massey
Horse Betting-01

The Messara Report on New Zealand Horse Racing

: My mum’s family loves a “flutter”.   A “flutter” is Kiwi slang for betting. Usually on horse racing, but we’re also partial to the odd greyhound meet or two. In April 2018, the Minister for Racing, Winston Peters, released the Messara report, calling for the clos