Gasp-a! It’s the ASPAs!

By the time the sun rises on Monday morning and the magazine stands are filled with the freshest copies of this very magazine, it will be public knowledge whether or not Salient is New Zealand’s finest student magazine for 2010.

Held this year at Auckland’s Romfords, the Aotearoa Student Press Association (ASPA) Awards is an annual event to recognise and celebrate the achievements of New Zealand’s student media.

Last year Salient won six ASPAs, including Best Publication, Best Cover and Best Feature Writer.

Nine Salienteers will have attended the awards ceremony on Saturday, with eight spending Friday night at Hamilton’s finest bars and clubs, including Outback, which has been described as being “like an STI under a microscope”.

When spoken to on Wednesday, Salient Editor Sarah Robson began laughing and crying hysterically. After drying her tears on the office’s fluoro cock bear, Robson seemed disinterested in the upcoming awards.

“I’ve won a Qantas Media Award, ASPAs don’t even matter. Can we stop talking about them?”

Keep an eye out in next week’s Salient or on the website for details of the awards (if any) that your friendly student magazine won.

1. Renee Lyons says:

“spending Friday night at Hamilton’s finest bars and clubs”
    Ha! Week that Wasn’t. Thank God. Haiyau!

2. Renee Lyons says:

Hiyooo*