LOL news

Sausage-Shaped Maze Built to Battle Obesity

Oh, those kooky Germans!

German officials have created a sausage-shaped labyrinth in the hope of addressing Germany’s obesity problem and better educating Germans about healthy eating.

The maze is in the shape of the popular German fast-food currywurst (curried sausage), which is eaten in the millions by Germans every year. From above, the maze looks like a smiling sausage with ketchup, mayonnaise and fries.

Visitors to the 2.5km-long educational maze learn about currywurst’s ingredients and preparation, as well as the health risks associated with the sausage.

Along the maze, visitors are asked questions about currywurst. If they answer incorrectly, they are directed down the wrong path so they learn from their foolish mistake.

Breakfast Cereal made with Blood, String and Tears

Tampon treat for brekky

A US couple are suing their local grocery store after the husband claims to have found a used tampon in his box of cereal.

Thomas Roddenberry saw the tampon in the bowl after taking a mouthful of the cereal. He promptly spat out the cereal, became nauseated and went to an emergency room.

The Chocolate Chip Crunch was purchased from the couple’s local Save-A-Lot store in October 2008.

It’s fair to say that this breakfast was Roddenberry’s most important—and most memorable—meal of the day.

Victoria Beckham Gets Curvy

… with her clothing line, at least

Notoriously thin former Spice Girl Victoria Beckham has recently released a line of clothing designed for “the curves of a woman’s figure”.

Perhaps realising that most buyers don’t share her skeletal frame, Beckham introduced the season’s curvy look during New York Fashion Week.

“What’s alluring for me this season are the curves of a woman’s figure—sensual volume and a defined silhouette that allows for freedom of movement.”

The clothes are designed to make women look and feel their best.

It’s unclear how long this supposed curve trend will last, or whether it will encourage Beckham to eat more than three bites this Christmas.

Man Claims 55 Children as his own

Who’s your daddy?

A French man has been arrested by authorities recently after it was discovered that he was registered as the father of 55 children to 55 different mothers.

Rather than actually bedding and knocking up 55 women, police believe the 54-year-old has falsely claimed parentage of many of the children as part of a money-making scam.

Many of the children were registered as living in his small apartment in Paris.

However, 42 of the mothers contacted by police say that the man is the father of their child.

In return for a fee of between 150 and 200 euros (264–350 NZD), the man registered the details of the children so the foreign-born mothers could claim residency and benefits.

Police say his registrations have cost the French government over NZD$1.77 million per year.

An investigating magistrate will decide whether DNA tests are required. The man faces up to ten years imprisonment.

1. There’s a New Editor
1