Students Celebrate Faith with VUWSA

Have a munch on faith sausages

Students had the opportunity to celebrate and learn about faith and religion in the quad on Tuesday and Wednesday for VUWSA’s Faith Fest.

Resurrecting resigned VUWSA Clubs Officer Fraser Pearce’s plans for a faith week, current Clubs Officer Masha Kupriyenko organised a number of faith-related events for students with the help of a number of religious student clubs.

On both days students could enjoy a free lunch at the ‘Last Supper BBQ’, which was manned by VUWSA staff and featured a poster of Leonardo Da Vinci’s famous Last Supper painting.

The Kelburn campus quad was also home to a speaker system blasting a Christian radio station, bowls of treats, and displays and performances from a number of the religious clubs on campus.

Students spoken to by Salient seemed most excited about the free food on offer.

“Yeah, I’m not actually religious, but I thought I’d just get a sausage anyway… Thanks God!”

Kupriyenko says she was pleased with how Faith Fest had turned out after Tuesday’s events.

“We had an epic day with a live acoustic act and dancers from Dance with Me. Thousands of sausages given out and lots of interesting faith related stalls from the clubs.

“I think Faith Fest is something that hasn’t being done before, or at least not in the last five years.”