Vic Students Fundraise for Canterbury

A number of student groups at Victoria University have been busy fundraising to support the Canterbury Earthquake relief. 

Victoria’s branch of Young Nats, VicNats, is holding a raffle to raise money for the Red Cross quake appeal. Three prizes are up for grabs, which consist of coffee and lunch with Back Benches host Wallace Chapman or a number of MPs.

President of VicNats Shaun Wallis appealed for students to help out their cause.

“It is vitally important that everyone, no matter what political hue you are, to rally around to do everything we can to help out!”

More information about purchasing raffle tickets can be found on the Facebook page ‘VicNats’.

Fulbright students involved in the study and exchange organisation between New Zealand and America, held an American bake sale at both Kelburn and Pipitea Campuses earlier this month. The money raised was donated to help Christchurch rebuild homes and communities.

Students from around the country have also been pitching in for the cause. As reported in Salient, many students from University of Canterbury were involved in the Facebook group ‘Student Volunteer base for Earthquake Clean Up’, which listed where clean-ups were being held and was a forum for offers to supply food and equipment to the volunteers.