VUWSA Exec Member Unwittingly Resigns

Where in the world is Paul Zhong?

Recently elected VUWSA International Officer Paul Zhong has now been ‘deemed to be resigned’ following his failure to attend any VUWSA exec meetings.

Elected to the position in August’s by-election, Zhong defeated no confidence with a convincing 604 votes. Unfortunately this successful beginning failed to continue.

According to part III, section 5 of the VUWSA Constitution: “If any Executive member is absent from three (3) consecutive ordinary meetings, Council of Student Delegate Meetings, and General Meetings without first being granted leave by the Executive she/he shall be deemed to have resigned”.

VUWSA President Max Hardy told Salient that VUWSA would look to co-opting someone into the position following the general election.

“It is disappointing that Paul did not fulfill his role, as there is some good work to be done in that portfolio.”

The position of International Officer on 2011’s VUWSA exec will be contested in the upcoming General Election. When Salient went to print on Thursday, only Gao Yuan had been nominated for the position. Yuan is also standing for President, Welfare Vice-President and Education Officer.

1