Four join the fellowship

Victoria University recently announced its four latest Hunter Fellows, Roger Drummond, Leone Harkness, Peter Hughes and William Sheat OBE.

The Hunter Fellowship was established by University Council in 2003 and annually recognises those who have made significant contributions to Victoria University.

“Hunter Fellows are people who have made a substantial contribution to the advancement of Victoria University through a variety of activities relevant to the University’s strategic directions and interests,” says Vice-Chancellor Pat Walsh.

Walsh is pleased to be able to recognise the work of the four new fellows, whose fellowships will be presented in the Hunter Council Chamber on 18 October.

Drummond is Chairman of the Victoria University Foundation, which he has been involved with since April 2006. He has also undertaken consistent fundraising for the Boyd Wilson Field Upgrade.

Harkness founded the Friends of Hunter Society in 1977, an organisation which works to save the university’s iconic Hunter Building from demolition. After seventeen years, the building was re-strengthened and rebuilt. Harkness is still involved in the university through the Victoria Legacy Club, and has formerly served on the Wellington City Council.

Hughes has served as Chair of the Advisory Board of Victoria’s School of Government since 2007. In this position he has negotiated with a variety of different people in an attempt to improve the relationship between the university and the public sector. Through his positions on the Faculty of Commerce and Administration’s MBA Advisory Board, he has improved the university’s relationship with the business and government sectors.

Sheat has been involved for several decades in the creative strands of the university. Between 1954 and 1960, he produced Victoria’s annual capping revue. Since then he has been heavily involved in drama, especially through his founding trustee position of the Summer Shakespeare Trust, which supports the annual Summer Shakespeare Productions.

1. Turkish Red Lentil Soup
  2. Dragon Friends
  3. NZ Music Month
  4. Dear White People
  5. You’re Allowed to Watch Shit Films
  6. Flint Town: Season 1
  7. Sometimes It’s Too Cold to Go Outside
  8. Some Spicy AF Hot Takes
  10. Love Isn’t Real, Because You Aren’t Hard Enough