Lol news

Kar drivers go Krazy for K-Fry

When other headlines fail, a poor attempt at alliteration often works (Salient—3rd Best Headline)

New Plymouth’s Kentucky Fried Chicken ‘restaurant’ was the cause of a major traffic jam late last month when it finally opened after being closed since July for a $1.5 million makeover.

The store was almost immediately filled with customers when it reopened and the line of cars for the drive-through trapped a number of vehicles in the car park of the Spudz fruit and vegetable store next door.

The Spudz carpark was also the site of many car clampings and towings as KFC-hungry customers risked parking there when the KFC carpark was full.

“There were five cars in a row clamped here on Friday and I think the same happened on Saturday,” said Spudz worker Jenny Laird.

Despite having to wait up to 40 minutes to be served at the store, many customers said the wait was well worth it.

“A few of my friends took the day off school to come down and get their chicken. It’s definitely better than before. Mind you, it might just be our minds playing tricks on us.”

Segway Strikes Back

Notoriously geeky form of transport proves it’s actually pretty bad-ass, kills someone

CEO and owner of Segway brand Jimi Heselden died late last month in a freak accident when he rode one of his very own segways off a cliff.

In a painfully ironic twist of events, Heselden died at the scene after falling into a wharf while riding his Segway near his home in West Yorkshire.

He was worth £166 million and ranked among the richest people in the UK.

Local Body Politics gets Nasty

Far from the apathy usually associated with New Zealand’s local body politics, the mayor of a small town in Peru recently had the skull of his father stolen by unknown enemies.

The thieves, who took the skull from his father’s grave, refuse to return the skull until Mayor Rogelio Vizcarra drops out of the upcoming re-election.

Vizcarra received a text message from the thieves detailing their political ransom. He still plans to run in the election.

Given these dirty tactics, Wellington mayoral hopeful Jack Yan may want to re-think uploading the details of his mother’s grave-site on Twitter.

Australia’s Next Top Model Host Fucks Up Majorly

She ain’t no Tyra

The winner’s excitement during the finale of Australia’s Next Top Model last week unfortunately failed to last long when she was informed that she wasn’t in fact the winner.

After thanking everyone who had helped her and performing the requisite squeals/shocked face, contestant Kelsey Martinovich was then informed that Amanda Ware was actually the real winner, because host Sarah Murdoch had made a “complete accident”.

“I don’t know what to say right now … I’m feeling a bit sick about this,” Murdoch said.

“It was fed to me wrong.

“This is what happens when you have live TV folks, this is insane, insane, insane.”

Martinovich appeared to take the faux-win remarkably well, telling Murdoch not to worry.

“It’s okay, it’s an honest mistake, it’s fine, it’s alright.”