October 26, 2010 | by  | in Online Only |

Write for Salient in 2011!

Paid positions for Salient ’11 are now filled, but we’re always on the look-out for new contributors. Either flick us an email at editor@salient.org.nz registering your interest in one of the below roles, or pop in to see us in our office (Level 3 of the Student Union Building, above VUWSA) any time from 1 Feb.

News Writers

Work with the News Editor to bring comprehensive coverage of student affairs on campus and in wider Wellington. Break stories. Report on what’s going on. Sharpen your writing skills. Cover the 2011 election as it happens, and as it affects students.

Campus Correspondents

Report back on the goings-on at the Pipitea, Te Aro and Karori campuses to your fellow students.

Cartoonists

Make us laugh with your creations. Or not. Serious cartoons are cool too.

Artists/Illustrators

Those of you with a creative bent, grace our pages with your work.

Photographer

We have a camera. Please take photos.

Reviewers

Games, arts, film, music, gigs, books, classical music, food, beer…

Sub-Editors

Make Salinet Salient!

Elle started out at Salient reviewing music. In 2010, she wrote features and Animal of The Week, which an informal poll revealed to be 40% of Victoria students' favourite part of the magazine. Alongside Uther Dean, she was co-editor for 2011. In 2012, she is chief features writer.

1. smackdown says:

gimme a baking column ive got so many treats to share :-)

2. smackdown says:

heh heh heh heh ;)

naughty mr smackdown up to his old t ricks

3. Jackson James Wood says:

Can I have a column?

4. Miller says:

I would like to apply for the position of Internet Troll.

5. Miller says:

Wait, nvm.

6. I think you should change the title of Chief Sub-Editor to Chief Typo Assassin.

7. Mexicunt says:

I think you should be making the salient logo the image in the link if you click my name. It is totally safe for work.

“Only CCs be tasting like theez!”

8. Catherine Wards says:

I would like to contribute to Salient as a correspondent for Karori Campus.
    Karori campus certainly needs to up its profile a little.
    VUWSA seems to have swept us under a manky old rug a while back.
    We would like out again now, please.

I can’t promise it won’t be a rant about a lack of facilities and the general skodiness of the campus….. but hey, maybe something exciting will happen that I can report on instead.

9. Clement McBigglewaddle says:

I too, would like to apply for the position of internet troll. Please find attached nothing, in testiment to my abilities.

1. You Are Not Your Illness
  2. Let Me at The Bachelor, and Other Shit Chat
  3. Lost in the Sauce – Avo-no you didn’t
  4. Mauri Ora – Winter’s Comin’
  5. Token Cripple – How To Survive Your First Year at University (with a disabled twist!)
  6. Dream Diagnosis – Fire in Wellington
  7. Liquid Knowledge – Animal farts and performative veganism
  9. Uni Council Corner
  10. Dylan Horrocks gets new job

He Tāonga

:   I wanted to write this piece, in order to connect to all tauira within the University, with the hope that we can all remind ourselves that we are a part of an environment which is valuable, no matter our culture, our beliefs or our skin colour. The ultimate purpose of this