October 4, 2010 | by  | in Opinion |

Vice-President Education

Kia Ora,

Second to last week of trimester – thank goodness – the end is in sight! I thought this I would keep my column nice and short this week, an update on what the education team has been up to and our plans for the rest of the trimester.

Education Team

Submissions—over the last few weeks we have been particularly busy submitting on University policy. We have made a submission regarding the quality of teaching and learning at Vic and we have also presented a student review to the Philosophy and Logic programme, after discussion with class representatives. While the university has been pretty good regarding student consultation it is great to see them really wanting to engage with students and discuss their educational experiences at Vic.

VASG—we are well into surveying for the second trimester. We have also begun looking at alternative methods for gathering information about courses, particularly about moving our surveying online, making it more accessible to students in the future.

Upcoming events

This week we will be heading out to Karori campus armed with a BBQ and some sausages! So if you are out at Karori campus this Thursday, between 12.30 and 1.30, head to the Common Room, grab a sausage and come have a chat to us! We are really interested in hearing in what ways we can improve our services to Karori and what issues in particular are facing Karori based students.

And finally, don’t forget to vote in the VUWSA elections – make sure your voice is heard!

Told you it would be short and sweet!

Bridie

1. VINAYAK says:

i just want to chat………..
    other than nothing else