Victoria’s Hottest Campus Cooks

Last Tuesday Victoria University’s Law Students’ Society (VUWLSS) hosted their very first bake-off competition.

Held in the Law School common room, the competition had attracted a large crowd when judging commenced at 12pm.

The numerous entries were judged by the ‘Paulines’, who were Law School Faculty Administrator Pauline Castle and New Zealand’s Hottest Home Baker judge Pauline Nunns.

A number of the entries were particularly creative; highlights included a cake-Beehive, a stack of books, unicorn biscuits, cookie muncher cupcakes and a bus.

All entries were then sold in a bake sale. $450 was raised and donated to the Wellington Home of Compassion Soup Kitchen.

For winning bakers the prizes were very generous, ranging from ritzy dinners to hand-made Belgian chocolates.

Bronwyn Kropp, Catherine Prior and Claire Hislop and Nick Meehan placed first second and third respectively. Prior and Hislop also won the most creative entry category.

Jess Rapana and Nicky won the best chocolate cake category and Hayley Adams took out both best biscuits and best decorated item.

Elizabeth Cherry and Julia Caldwell both received highly recommended.

Even the ‘worst’ entry, Thug Poo – A 5 Minute Chocolate Cake, won Griffin Hunt and Joseph Fitzgerald a prize.

1. Dear Daddy Dave
  2. The Weekly Planet
  3. Throwback T-Swizzle: Speak Now
  4. Books to Films
  5. Books to Films
  6. Still Life with Chickens
  7. Silicon Valley Season 5
  8. The Adam Portraiture Award is Anachronistic and Goofy and I Love It
  9. Things Fall Apart
  10. Nothing Looks Better Than a Head Between Your Thighs Feels and Other Shit Chat