Activities Officer

Well, well, well… I gather if you’re reading this you’ve managed to survive O Week. And let’s be honest, it was the best Victoria has seen in a long time, so I hope you all got out, got involved and enjoyed it. Remember though, it’s not yet over! MGMT are playing two (bound to be awesome) shows this week, so you should defs get along to those. It’ll be bitchin’.

There’s a load more to university than lectures, tutorials, essays and exams—university culture is a huge part of the success (and probably failure, come to think of it) of your academic career. You need to strike a balance between social involvement and hard work, and VUWSA is here to help you with that. I’ve spoken to loads of you at various events over the last two weeks—at Karori, down at Pipitea, or here at Kelburn—you’ve given me a heap of feedback on the events you’ve attended, and I’m always looking out for more.
So, if you’ve got some fantastic ideas for events you want to see (or host) then just flick me an email, talk to me in my office hours, or if you’re super keen then make a manhunt out of it and track me down in person. For the most part I’m at Pipitea. I’m not the most creative of people, and there are 22,000 of you to please, so give me some ideas!

In terms of things we have coming up, the IGM will be held on the 17th (Thursday) at 1pm in the rather swanky new Hunter Lounge. The meeting itself is a bit bland— it’s your opportunity to talk to us, and vote on motions to direct policy—but we sweeten the deal with a GIANT sandwich. Rumour has it Seamus bought 3kg of cheese, so ‘giant’ is no understatement.
Campbell Herbert
activities.officer@vuwsa.org.nz

1. My Attention is Broke
  2. WHERE VIRAL DREAMS GO TO DIE
  3. Storytime: Angst, Agony, and Adorable Babies in Teen Mom YouTube