Bam! And the Bills are gone!

Help is at hand for all those with lazy, financially-challenged flatmates thanks to a trio of Wellingtonians.

Former Victoria University Computer Science student, Jared Armstrong, has teamed up with entrepreneurs Nicholas Wakelin and James Nisbet to create Flatmin, an administrative site for people living in flatting situations.

Launched in Wellington last Monday, Flatmin is free for students or anyone sharing a home, and allows users to manage their utility bills, rent, and send ‘IOU’s to one another.
By registering a flat, the site sends messages to remind flatmates when bills and other payments are due and lets you keep a record of spending.

“Basically, we found that money was coming between our good friends a lot” Armstrong said.
“We wanted a way that people could make sure the bills get paid—not a note on the fridge that would get lost, or everyone relying on a single member of the flat to sort everything.”

The founders plan to expand in the future to include listing “Chores” and expansion into the rental search market.
Flatmin is running a launch promotion from its Facebook page—‘Tell us your Ultimate Flatting Story’—with prizes from Orcon Internet and Powershop.

1. Second test
  2. test test
  3. Recipes from the Suffrage Cookbook
  4. Beneath Skin and Bone
  5. No Common Ground
  6. Chris Dave and the Drumhedz
  7. Good Girls
  8. Winter Warmers: Home Alone
  9. Winter Warmers: About Time
  10. Sex at Dawn