Bam! And the Bills are gone!

Help is at hand for all those with lazy, financially-challenged flatmates thanks to a trio of Wellingtonians.

Former Victoria University Computer Science student, Jared Armstrong, has teamed up with entrepreneurs Nicholas Wakelin and James Nisbet to create Flatmin, an administrative site for people living in flatting situations.

Launched in Wellington last Monday, Flatmin is free for students or anyone sharing a home, and allows users to manage their utility bills, rent, and send ‘IOU’s to one another.
By registering a flat, the site sends messages to remind flatmates when bills and other payments are due and lets you keep a record of spending.

“Basically, we found that money was coming between our good friends a lot” Armstrong said.
“We wanted a way that people could make sure the bills get paid—not a note on the fridge that would get lost, or everyone relying on a single member of the flat to sort everything.”

The founders plan to expand in the future to include listing “Chores” and expansion into the rental search market.
Flatmin is running a launch promotion from its Facebook page—‘Tell us your Ultimate Flatting Story’—with prizes from Orcon Internet and Powershop.

1. Issue 03 – Nō hea koe?
  2. Ka Tangi Te Tītī, Ka Tangi Te Kākā, Ka Tangi Hoki Ahau, Tīhei Maui Ora
  3. I Lift My Eyes
  4. The H-Word
  5. Where are you from?: A Loaded Question
  6. Stay Healthy: Fresher Flu is Back
  7. Māori and Pasifika support services: New phone, who dis?
  8. A Gay Old Time: Wellington Pride Festival 2019
  9. The Party Line: MMP 5% Threshold
  10. Piki Brings Four Counsellors to Victoria, One to Massey
Horse Betting-01

The Messara Report on New Zealand Horse Racing

: My mum’s family loves a “flutter”.   A “flutter” is Kiwi slang for betting. Usually on horse racing, but we’re also partial to the odd greyhound meet or two. In April 2018, the Minister for Racing, Winston Peters, released the Messara report, calling for the clos