Charity to a Tee

Mr Vintage, the online T-shirt brand, has been making Christchurch-themed T-shirts and donating 100 per cent of the profits to relief efforts in the city after the February 22 earthquake.

The company asked its customers whether to produce the T-shirts and the response was a resounding ‘yes’. They also sought feedback on what charities the money should be donated to, and chose St. John, the Canterbury SPCA, Victim Support and The Salvation Army.
When Salient went to print, Mr Vintage had raised a total of $94,290 for the Christchurch earthquake appeal.

In the immediate aftermath Mr Vintage, with the help of AS Colour and Deadline Express, supplied the UC Student Volunteer Army with 750 branded t-shirts.

This isn’t the only time that Mr Vintage has engaged with charitable organisations. The company supports Worldwide Responsible Accredited Production, Keep New Zealand Beautiful Society, DonateNZ, Himalayan Trust, Women’s Refuge, Family Help Trust, HUHA, Starship Foundation and the Cancer Society.

Mr Vintage was started in a basement in 2004 by Rob Ewan. A university drop-out, he had “a real hard-on for old T-shirts with retro cartoon prints on them”. With the Trade Me username “Mr Vintage” he began selling t-shirts and the company was born. Today, with a team by his side and some serious t-shirt making machinery, the company is a well-recognised New Zealand brand.

1. My Attention is Broke
  2. WHERE VIRAL DREAMS GO TO DIE
  3. Storytime: Angst, Agony, and Adorable Babies in Teen Mom YouTube