Ngai Tauira – Hākinakina

We like a good run around here at NT. Hākinakina for us means having a good time with mates and showing off our mean passing, dodging, tackling, shooting, hitting, kicking and running skills.

Yes, you heard that right, some of us actually do go running, and there was once a time last year when an exodus to the gym was made in a bid to promote a healthier lifestyle for our tauira. We even ran a Biggest Loser-type competition a couple of years back. Why? Because we’re into what our tauira are into. Sports. Being healthy. Having a good time. Hanging out. And yeah, winning feels good too!

So throughout the year we provide ways for our tauira to be active, to meet up, to hang out and have fun. Sounds like your cuppa tea? Then check out what we currently have going on below. If you have suggestions for other sport Ngāi Tauira should be supporting, then run it by Toma (Mason), our awesome Sports Officer.

Netball: We’re baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

Ngāi Tauira has two teams in the netball draw who will be vying for top spots again this year. NT Pango returning from a successful campaign last year, being placed runners-up in Trimester 1, before taking out the Wednesday night social comps in Trimester 2, is back for another crack at it. Ngāi Tauira’s second team, NT Whero, are also eyeing the top, so who will get it? Pango or Whero? Or neither? Find out and come support our teams on Wednesday nights, whānau!

Volleyball: Do you wanna play?

Every trimester Ngāi Tauira put in teams for the Netball and Touch Rugby social leagues. This semester, we have put in three Volleyball teams. There are still spaces left in each team if you’re interested in playing on Friday nights. Contact Toma now.

Touch Rugby: Tourny on! Hopefully…

The Rec Centre is seeking interest for a Touch
Tournament that will run for one day depending on interest from teams. It will be a $20 entry fee per team for the day. If you would like to play in this tournament for Ngāi Tauira, contact Toma. The date for the tournament is not finalised yet.

8. Issue 10 – Like and Subscribe
  9. An Overdue Lesson in Anatomy
  10. Astral Rejection