Mooting Success In Hong Kong

On March 5, Victoria University’s Law School mooting team became the Annual Red law mooting competition champions.

The team of Sarah Wilson and Sam Humphrey travelled to Hong Kong after months of preparation to participate in the competition, and beat twenty other teams from around the Asia-Pacific region to the title. They were also awarded the second and third best oralists in the competition and the second best memorial. Wilson and Humphrey were the best team from the defendant side of the draw, beating India’s Hidayatullah National Law University, the best prosecutors, in the final.

The victory was made even more remarkable by the fact that the team had no national competition to prepare for the tournament, instead enlisting the help of Law School lecturers Alberto Costi and Joanna Mossop as coaches.

Ms Wilson was understandably ecstatic with the result. “We competed against India in the final, and were lucky enough to come away with the win. The competition was an incredible experience—the teams, the organisers, the judges, all had a passion for this area” she enthused.

She also went on to encourage others to get involved in the same team. “If you’re interested in this area, you should go to this competition. It’s more than worth the hard work” she said.

1. Maud says:

Your weibste has to be the electronic Swiss army knife for this topic.