April 4, 2011 | by  | in Arts Theatre |

What Up, Theatre?

Winter isn’t the most forgiving of seasons. It does, however, give me the excuse to dress like a stereotypical Russian spy. Although I’ll snap up any opportunity to wear a humongous furry hat, there’s also something undeniably cool about spies, right? They can hold their liquor, speak ALL of the languages and could probably seduce a family of taxidermised possums. Spies are also, every so often, hilarious.

Forget films like Johnny English and The Tuxedo (God knows I’ve tried to) and instead head to Downstage Theatre for The Spy Who Wouldn’t Die Again this month. An onstage spy thriller/comedy is under no circumstances to be missed and SEEyD, a Downstage Resident Company known for their innovation and ambition, will want to wow the bejesus outta you.
Expect “sex, death, gadgets… some rather hideous prosthetic limbs run amok” and, me oh my, a car chase.

The Spy Who Wouldn’t Die Again

Where: Downstage Theatre, 12 Cambridge Terrace, Wellington
When: 31st March – 23rd April (6.30pm Tuesday – Wednesday, 8pm Thursday – Saturday)
Tickets: $25 for students
Book at:
(04) 801 6946

1. Pizza Base Recipe
  2. VUWSA to Sell Van
  3. Hunter Lounge Raking in Business as Reality Sets In
  4. Rule and Exception
  6. Volume 81 Issue 03: Stale-ient
  7. Are We Live
  8. 15 Things I’d Rather Do Than “Discuss With the Person Next to Me” in a Lecture
  9. Superorganism Self-Titled
  10. Trump’s America