Campus Angels: Full Throttle

The Angels are back! As Wellington becomes colder, darker and generally more miserable, the VUWSA Campus Angels have returned to provide a bright, safe light for our potentially perilous journeys home.

The Campus Angels provide a free service that sees trained students walk other students to their home, the nearest bus stop or safety point.
Although many students say they have never used them and don’t even know where to find them, the students who use them have only praise for the service.

“I used Campus Angels a number of times last year, mostly around the mid-year exam period when I was studying in the library until it closed and, it being winter, it was dark and nobody would be around if I walked home.

“Without Campus Angels, I would never have stayed at uni to study after dark. Even though Kelburn’s a relatively nice area, as a young woman I don’t feel safe walking home alone at night, so it was good to have someone who could walk with me… I definitely think that Campus Angels is a worthwhile service offered by VUWSA,” student Morgan Ashworth said.

The Angels are available to accompany students for a maximum 30 minute return journey during the following hours:

Kelburn: Central Library, Level 2 Monday – Thursday 7.30pm – 10.30pm
Pipitea: Law School Library, Monday – Thursday, 7.30pm – 10.30pm
Te Aro: Foyer, Tuesday – Thursday 8.00pm – 11.00pm

8. Issue 10 – Like and Subscribe
  9. An Overdue Lesson in Anatomy
  10. Astral Rejection