Class Reps Get A Good Rep

VUWSA AWArded their inaugural Class Representative Scholarships for Trimester 1 at a function at the Hunter Lounge last week.

The scholarships are part of a new initiative to recognise class representatives who had performed to an exceptio- nally high standard.

Eight of the 30 students who applied were presented with Scholarships of a certificate and a $100 VicBooks voucher. There was one recipient from each faculty, except for Humanities and Social Sciences which had 2 due to its size.

“We’ve been really impressed with the amount of effort and work class reps have put in this Trimester and scholarships are just a way to formally acknowledge our thanks for all their hard work,” VUWSA Vice-President (Education) Bridie Hood said.

“Nationally Victoria leads every other University in the quality and number of class reps,” said VUWSA President Seamus Brady.

There has been a significant increase in the percentage of courses with a class representative, from 44 percent in 2009 to 91 percent this Trimester.

Many of the winners found a way to turn Facebook into a productive use of time, by creating pages for their classes to facilitate course discussion. One cited it as “an easy way for people to be casual about it, and not be nerdy.”

Students will have another opportunity to get a Representative Scholarship during Trimester 2.

1. Pizza Base Recipe
  2. VUWSA to Sell Van
  3. Hunter Lounge Raking in Business as Reality Sets In
  4. Rule and Exception
  6. Volume 81 Issue 03: Stale-ient
  7. Are We Live
  8. 15 Things I’d Rather Do Than “Discuss With the Person Next to Me” in a Lecture
  9. Superorganism Self-Titled
  10. Trump’s America