Vic Catches Clemenger

Victoria University alumni were four of the ten graduates offered six-month placements for the Clemenger Programme this year, more than any other university in New Zealand.

20-year-old BCA graduate Bethany Omeri is excited about the industry insight and vital network connections accepted candidates receive.

“It is the best way to be introduced to the industry, you get to not only see what happens in all different parts of the business but you also get to try and do all of it,” said Omeri in an email.

“You have an opportunity to build a network in the industry for the future.”

Accepted candidates also receive more one-on-one attention than the typical university classroom or the job market.

“I know other people who have stumbled into a job after university and it hasn’t been quite right for them,” says Omeri.

“When you’re in the program they make time for you—they want you to become good at your job, they take the time to sit down and get to know you let you ask them questions, look at your work and give you feedback.”

The Clemenger Programme rotates successful candidates through several advertising and public relations Clemenger Group companies. At the end of the program, each candidate is given a six-month paid position with the opportunity for full-time positions in the Clemenger Group.

CEO of the Clemenger Group Jim Moser sees the graduates as “the folk who will succeed in a future where lines between historic communications disciplines are blurred or non-existent”.

1. Storytime: Angst, Agony, and Adorable Babies in Teen Mom YouTube
  9. Issue 10 – Like and Subscribe
  10. An Overdue Lesson in Anatomy