Clubs Officer

And there goes the first week of Trimester Two. We certainly had an awesome time going from Kelburn, Pipitea, Karori and Te Aro with our clubs, give-aways and our BBQs!

It was great getting to all the campuses and seeing so many people sign up to new clubs. The Re-Orientation Comedy Show was hilarious and the Black Seeds were as great as ever, what a night!

Environmental Week

This week is Environmental Week! Environmental Officer, Haley Mortimer, has been busy over the holidays organising all sorts of fun things. The week is kicking off with Meat Free Monday with Kishna Food. Tuesday we have a lecture and a workshop in the Clubs HQ, in the SUB. A debate between the political youth wings on campus is happening the Clubs HQ on Wednesday pm on the topic of emission trading schemes. On Thursday, VUWSA is hosting the Hook Up with Environmental focussed clubs at The Hunter Lounge. And on Friday we have the very busy eco-warrior Gareth Hughes taking questions and talking in the Clubs HQ.

Email Hayley on environmental.officer@vuwsa.org.nz if you have any questions.
Also running along side this is the free VUWSA Soup Kitchens visiting a campus near you during lunch time!

Queer Safe Space Training

Queer Officer Tom Reed is running a Safe Space initiative which aims to create a visual network of LGBT friendly people on campus and consists of student and staff being trained and attending a workshop. If you would like to take part, email Tom on queer.officer@vuwsa.org.nz.

Snow Games 2011

WE WANT YOU! This year’s Uni Snow Games are from 27th August until 3rd September in Wanaka. Events include Cross Country Skiing, Half Pipe, Slope Style Ski and Board and Parallel SL. If you are interested, email us on clubs@vuwsa.org.nz.
As always, any questions regarding clubs; feel free to pop in and see us on the second floor of the Student Union Building, next to the Clubs HQ, check out our website, for a full list of clubs and societies or email your queries through to us on clubs@vuwsa.org.nz.

1. Issue 03 – Nō hea koe?
  2. Ka Tangi Te Tītī, Ka Tangi Te Kākā, Ka Tangi Hoki Ahau, Tīhei Maui Ora
  3. I Lift My Eyes
  4. The H-Word
  5. Where are you from?: A Loaded Question
  6. Stay Healthy: Fresher Flu is Back
  7. Māori and Pasifika support services: New phone, who dis?
  8. A Gay Old Time: Wellington Pride Festival 2019
  9. The Party Line: MMP 5% Threshold
  10. Piki Brings Four Counsellors to Victoria, One to Massey
Horse Betting-01

The Messara Report on New Zealand Horse Racing

: My mum’s family loves a “flutter”.   A “flutter” is Kiwi slang for betting. Usually on horse racing, but we’re also partial to the odd greyhound meet or two. In April 2018, the Minister for Racing, Winston Peters, released the Messara report, calling for the clos