John Key Goes On OE To USA

Prime Minister John Key was in the United States last week and met luminaries such as President Obama and Mark Zuckerberg.

While in Washington, Key discussed issues such as the Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement and the possibility of continued involvement of New Zealand troops in Afghanistan. He also met with New Zealand Ambassador to the United States, Mike Moore.

Key made a flying visit to Los Angeles to attend high-level meetings with executives from leading technology and film companies including New Line Cinema, Warner Bros, Google and Facebook. He also informally met Mark Zuckerberg at Facebook headquarters in San Jose.

A spokesman for Key said these meetings were to discuss technology and innovation. He also suggested there may be potential for New Zealand to capitalise on investment opportunities.

Key’s time in the US was partially overshadowed by domestic issues when he was questioned about the possibility of Israeli Mossad agents being in Christchurch for February’s earthquake.

Domestic US issues also dominated much of Key’s visit as Obama attempts to negotiate with Republicans over debt and public spending.
Key’s visit was his first to the White House and may signal a warming of diplomatic ties with the America.

1. Pizza Base Recipe
  2. VUWSA to Sell Van
  3. Hunter Lounge Raking in Business as Reality Sets In
  4. Rule and Exception
  6. Volume 81 Issue 03: Stale-ient
  7. Are We Live
  8. 15 Things I’d Rather Do Than “Discuss With the Person Next to Me” in a Lecture
  9. Superorganism Self-Titled
  10. Trump’s America