Shock! Horror! Kiwi Females are having “The Sex”!

A Timaru gynecologist is calling for a “nana revolution” to “stigmatise promiscuity” in New Zealand.

Dr Albert Makary told a recent Family First conference that New Zealand women are “too promiscuous” and treat sex like “paddock-mating”.
“We need to stigmatise this behaviour, the same way we stigmatise littering in the street,” he said in his speech.

His presentation was in response to statistics from a survey by condom manufacturer Durex showing Kiwi women have an average of 20.3 sexual partners over their lifetime. The same survey reveals Kiwi men have roughly 16.8 sexual partners, twice the world average of 7.3 – however the Dr Makary’s concern is for young women in particular.

He noted the large number of pregnant patients he sees in his medical practice who can’t remember who they slept with the night before. “It is very, very frequent,” he said.

Although Dr Makary’s concern results from things he has seen in his gynecological practice, he cited the focus on safe sex in sexual education in schools as one of the causes of the problem as it “implies sleeping around is okay as long as you’re wearing the right gear.”

VUWSA Women’s Officer Necia Johnson says there is nothing wrong with promiscuity.
“People should be able to do what they like as long as they are safe,” she says.
“Education about safe sex is really important. I don’t really understand why he thinks teaching about contraception is bad if he’s a doctor.”

1. Recipes from the Suffrage Cookbook
  2. Beneath Skin and Bone
  3. No Common Ground
  4. Chris Dave and the Drumhedz
  5. Good Girls
  6. Winter Warmers: Home Alone
  7. Winter Warmers: About Time
  8. Sex at Dawn
  9. BANG!
  10. PSC: One Ocean