Vice Prez (Education)

I hope you all had an awesome break and are all rested and ready for Trimester 2. To welcome you back VUWSA has organised an awesome re-Orientation. It’s filled with great New Zealand talent, so make sure you check out what we have to offer!

As well as events, the start of a new trimester and new classes also means a new opportunity to put your hand up to be a Class Rep! Yay! I know I go on about it all the time, but student representation is so important and I urge you all to get involved.

Class repping provides you with some really awesome opportunities and skills, such as building professional relationships with staff, acquiring new skills, meeting new people and positively effecting student-driven change at the University. In addition, this year we have also introduced Class Rep Scholarships—these are awards that recognise the amazing work that Class Reps do. We have one scholarship available to a Class Rep in every faculty (FHSS has two scholarships available).

If you are keen to be a Class Rep this trimester make sure you check out the VUWSA website for training session times and dates!
Over the last few weeks the VUWSA Education Office has been busy working on the Review of Undergraduate Education. Our reps on the numerous committees have been busy ensuring that the student voice is being heard at all levels of the Review. Once again thank you to all the students who took the time to fill out our survey.

The student recommendations from the VUWSA Submission are beings discussed at the numerous committees and being integrated into recommendations that are to be put forward to the RUE Steering Committee. We can see that students are playing a massive role in this review and throughout this process the University have been really interested in hearing student opinion on the issues. If you are interested in hearing a bit more about how the Review is going, in the next few weeks we will be holding an information session to get students up to speed on how everything is going. This will also give students the opportunity to ask the student reps on the committees any specific questions.

I hope to see some of you around at re-Orientation events and as always, if you have any questions please don’t hesitate to get in contact! *

Nga mihi,
Bridie Hood

1. Pizza Base Recipe
  2. VUWSA to Sell Van
  3. Hunter Lounge Raking in Business as Reality Sets In
  4. Rule and Exception
  6. Volume 81 Issue 03: Stale-ient
  7. Are We Live
  8. 15 Things I’d Rather Do Than “Discuss With the Person Next to Me” in a Lecture
  9. Superorganism Self-Titled
  10. Trump’s America