Auckland Uni Spent A Lot of Money on Travel

Auckland University has come under fire after it was revealed to have spent more than $70 million on staff travel over the past three years.
Though the University says it is an essential part of research and networking, the amount has received criticism from students.

New Zealand Union of Students’ Association co-president David Do says universities need to be more sensible with this kind of spending.

“For students who are finding it hard during these economic times, it’s important institutions are responsible with all the money they spend. Because figures like this are admittedly not a good look when students are finding it hard to make ends meet,” Do says.

Figures from other universities also expose considerable travel bills, with Massey University spending $11 million last year and Victoria University $9 million.
Tertiary Education Minister Steven Joyce refused to give comment on the issue, saying it was up to universities to manage their own money.

1. Your silent cries left unheard
  2. How it Works: On the Climate Change Response (Zero Carbon) Amendment Bill
  3. Is Vic Books Missing Out on the Living Wage Campaign?
  4. Jesus Christ Super-Nah, Saviour’s New Political Party May Need Miracle
  5. Issue 12 – Friendship
  6. SWAT: Friendship Column
  7. Inevitable Entanglement
  8. HOROSCOPE WEEK OF JUNE 3: FRIENDSHIP
  9. Liquid Knowledge: On Israel and Palestine
  10. An Ode to the Aunties