EYE On Exec 01/08/11

The 13th meeting of the VUWSA Executive saw Salient sit through a two hour meeting, but most of which was in committee so can’t report on it.

Minutes from the previous meeting were not passed, as the one submitted was half correct and half one from an older meeting.

Some work reports were passed. Some hadn’t done them, so gave oral presentations instead. President Seamus told the exec to try get them in on time, “cause this is embarrassing.” That it is Seamus, that it is.

The only item of urgent business saw VUWSA direct the VUWSA Trust to pay $690 for the restoration of a bust of some guy called Mr Dixon. The student body waits with bated breath for its return.

Then they passed a whole lot of half-yearly work reports and gave each other bonuses totaling $4750, for going ‘above and beyond the call of duty’.
Check out next week’s Salient as we review the half-yearly work reports with the scrupulous eyes of accountability.

1. Your silent cries left unheard
  2. How it Works: On the Climate Change Response (Zero Carbon) Amendment Bill
  3. Is Vic Books Missing Out on the Living Wage Campaign?
  4. Jesus Christ Super-Nah, Saviour’s New Political Party May Need Miracle
  5. Issue 12 – Friendship
  6. SWAT: Friendship Column
  7. Inevitable Entanglement
  8. HOROSCOPE WEEK OF JUNE 3: FRIENDSHIP
  9. Liquid Knowledge: On Israel and Palestine
  10. An Ode to the Aunties