Peters Down With Kids; Backwards Cap, Piercing to Debut Soon

Former MP and and current New Zealand First (NZF) leader Winston Peters has continued to make policy announcements as he hopes to win a return to Parliament.
The unconventional Peters, who sat in Parliament for the best part of three decades before NZF was ousted in the last election, has honed in on the student demographic. Targeting the issue of student debt, he announced the intention to match borrowers’ loan repayments cent for cent.

This has been noticed and endorsed by student leaders across the country. New Zealand Union of Students’ Association co-president, David Do was especially happy.

“Student debt will hit $12 billion this year. Policies that will help reduce the massive student debt held in our communities will have huge benefits for the country. It would assist graduates in becoming debt-free faster, help fill workforce shortages by keeping skilled workers in New Zealand, and would attract overseas-based graduates back home,” Do says.

The impact of student debt was gauged by a survey of students last week. It found the three highest factors affected by debt were the ability to buy a house, deciding when to go overseas and saving for the future.

NZF is merely the latest party to come forth with a policy against student debt, as the Greens, United Future and the Maori Party have also announced progressive anti-debt policies.

1. Josh Van Veen says:

‘Former’ NZ First leader? He is still the leader of NZ First, the last time I checked.

1. Token Cripple: You’re totally messing with my cripple aura, dood.
  2. You Are Not Your Illness
  3. Let Me at The Bachelor, and Other Shit Chat
  4. Lost in the Sauce – Avo-no you didn’t
  5. Mauri Ora – Winter’s Comin’
  6. Token Cripple – How To Survive Your First Year at University (with a disabled twist!)
  7. Dream Diagnosis – Fire in Wellington
  8. Liquid Knowledge – Animal farts and performative veganism
  10. Uni Council Corner

He Tāonga

:   I wanted to write this piece, in order to connect to all tauira within the University, with the hope that we can all remind ourselves that we are a part of an environment which is valuable, no matter our culture, our beliefs or our skin colour. The ultimate purpose of this