August 19, 2011 | by  | in Features |

Pimp My Lounge!

Pimp My Lounge!

Salient and ITS have teamed up to locate the worst lounge in the student body, which we will pimp out with some of the second-hand stuff we’ve got lying around, including a Sony data projector, a DVD/CD/MP3 player, speakers, and a screen (of sorts). We’ll even throw in a multi-point power plug and an extension cord!

Just send us a picture of you holding an issue of Salient in your poor excuse for a lounge to with PIMP MY LOUNGE in the subject line and you’re in the competition. Entries close on 26 August.

The mankiest lounges will be featured in an upcoming issue of Salient with the worst as voted by Salient and ITS staff winning the whole package. For terms and conditions, go here.

1. Electrum Greenstone says:

Will there be snowy pictures of Victoria-in-the-Snow in the next Snow-lient?

1. Turns out there wasn’t a bomb LOL
  2. IDF soldiers speak on campus
  3. Why I voted for fee rises
  4. Fuck the Establishment
  5. Facebook upset over fee rises
  6. Hack Like Nobody’s Watching
  7. The Ian Curtis Memorial Wall, Wallace Street: An Investigation
  8. Why I Hate Baby Boomers
  9. Foibles of a Foxton Forger
  10. Coppers Become Croppers

In the Shadow of the Kowloon Walled City

: At its peak, the Kowloon Walled City was home to 33,000 people in just two hectares of land—a hastily put together conglomerate of tiny apartments, one of top of the other, caged balconies slapped onto the sides and connected through a labyrinth of damp, dark corridors.