August 19, 2011 | by  | in Features |

Pimp My Lounge!

Pimp My Lounge!

Salient and ITS have teamed up to locate the worst lounge in the student body, which we will pimp out with some of the second-hand stuff we’ve got lying around, including a Sony data projector, a DVD/CD/MP3 player, speakers, and a screen (of sorts). We’ll even throw in a multi-point power plug and an extension cord!

Just send us a picture of you holding an issue of Salient in your poor excuse for a lounge to editor@salient.org.nz with PIMP MY LOUNGE in the subject line and you’re in the competition. Entries close on 26 August.

The mankiest lounges will be featured in an upcoming issue of Salient with the worst as voted by Salient and ITS staff winning the whole package. For terms and conditions, go here.

1. Electrum Greenstone says:

Will there be snowy pictures of Victoria-in-the-Snow in the next Snow-lient?

1. Token Cripple: You’re totally messing with my cripple aura, dood.
  2. You Are Not Your Illness
  3. Let Me at The Bachelor, and Other Shit Chat
  4. Lost in the Sauce – Avo-no you didn’t
  5. Mauri Ora – Winter’s Comin’
  6. Token Cripple – How To Survive Your First Year at University (with a disabled twist!)
  7. Dream Diagnosis – Fire in Wellington
  8. Liquid Knowledge – Animal farts and performative veganism
  10. Uni Council Corner

He Tāonga

:   I wanted to write this piece, in order to connect to all tauira within the University, with the hope that we can all remind ourselves that we are a part of an environment which is valuable, no matter our culture, our beliefs or our skin colour. The ultimate purpose of this