August 19, 2011 | by  | in Features |

Pimp My Lounge!

Pimp My Lounge!

Salient and ITS have teamed up to locate the worst lounge in the student body, which we will pimp out with some of the second-hand stuff we’ve got lying around, including a Sony data projector, a DVD/CD/MP3 player, speakers, and a screen (of sorts). We’ll even throw in a multi-point power plug and an extension cord!

Just send us a picture of you holding an issue of Salient in your poor excuse for a lounge to editor@salient.org.nz with PIMP MY LOUNGE in the subject line and you’re in the competition. Entries close on 26 August.

The mankiest lounges will be featured in an upcoming issue of Salient with the worst as voted by Salient and ITS staff winning the whole package. For terms and conditions, go here.

1. Electrum Greenstone says:

Will there be snowy pictures of Victoria-in-the-Snow in the next Snow-lient?

1. Larger Than Life — Chris Rex Martin & Tainui Tukiwaho
  2. Manaia — Atamira Dance Company
  3. Philosoraptor
  4. The Basement Tapes
  5. Three Days in the Country
  6. Wonder Woman (2017)
  7. The 2017 Budget — what it means for students
  8. Interview with Gareth Morgan
  9. The Bubble
  10. The battle you never asked for: Chasing Liberty vs. First Daughter

Go Watch TV: Rick and Morty and Secular Humanism

: - SPONSORED - Writers and critics have praised Rick and Morty for its sharp character writing and absurdist take on sci-fi tropes, and I count myself in that number. But there is a mounting backlash against it that I can’t help but pick a bone with. On one of the many, many pop