LOL News

All Blacks Long in the Face Before Game

But look Stable for World Cup nonetheless

And just when you thought it couldn’t get any worse, New Zealand’s Rugby World Cup fever has spread to our livestock too.

Lynn Colecutt of Clevedon’s Animal Farm, south of Auckland, has trained a number of ponies and donkies to play rugby, just in time for the World Cup. From September 28 to October 22, the Animal All Blacks will play the four-legged English team in the four-a-side game.

So far the animals have been taught to kick backwards, run in the same direction, and are currently learning the haka.
“You get them in the right way and tell them to kick it,” explains Colecutt.

Although the team line-ups have not yet been finalised, the farm is already decked out with a stadium featuring tiered-seating, goalposts, and three cheerleader miniature ponies sporting ruffles.

Stars of the field include star-kicker ‘Danny Boy’ and ‘Shadow’, whose penchant for forward-passing could earn him some yellow cards.

“He doesn’t realise he can’t forward pass. Shadow can be absolutely fantastic and absolutely terrible…The worst thing is taking him out of the arena. He loves being a star.”
But whatever the outcome, rugby will be the winner on the day.

Kebabs say Ke-Bye-bye

Haters gon’ hate

It’s no fun to be drunk when you live in Cittadella, Italy.

Mayor Massimo Botocci banned all shops selling kebabs in the northern Italian town last month, because he doesn’t like how they smell.

Amongst reasons for outlawing the treasured tipsy treat, Botocci said kebabs were unsuitable for the historic centre of the town because of “the way in which the foods are eaten, the smell they give off…”

But Botocci recognised that, although he was opposed to the noms, others may enjoy a kebab or two despite their odour.
“If someone wants to eat a kebab, he can do it at home or outside of the historic centre.

“They aren’t part of our tradition.”

For those interested in the early morning kebab scene, check out thekebabblog.tumblr.com where Salient’s own Molly McCarthy rates and reviews the best that Wellington has to offer.

1. Jaydee says:

The forum is a brihgetr place thanks to your posts. Thanks!

1. Buying a Prius and solar panels for my summer bach because climate change xo
  2. VUWSA AGM: Election Results, A Cheeky Deficit, and Constitutional Stuff
  3. School Strike for Climate Staying Hot in Fight Against Global Warming
  4. Toitū te Ao: A Week of Celebrating a Better Future
  5. Government Announces New Mental Health Policies
  6. Are You There Youths? It’s me, people who want to be your mayor
  7. VUW Launches Plan to be Carbon Neutral by 2030
  8. Canta Editor Calling For Editorial Independence
  9. Issue 22 – Eve
  10. Dear Nathaniel