Ngāi Tauira – Gender: Where the story starts

Gender is just the beginning. When a mother is pregnant one of the first questions asked is: what gender is
the baby?

Like Genesis—the beginning—gender is where this story starts. Most parents will go out of their way to buy certain colours in clothing, bedding and even certain toys for their unborn child, eager in anticipation to hold on to that little bundle of joy. This child will grow knowing they have two parents that are always there for them, always loving and willing to bail them out of any situation. In teenage years this child will continue to grow, fall in and out of love and make many mistakes. It is in these years everyone will expect a plan to be established inside this child’s head for university, the workforce, travel or military service. It is from here the story is left unknown. There are many different scenarios this story could have had and many different outcomes.

I suppose if Gender is like the beginning then naturally the end must be revelation. There are paths people will take to be where they are now but there is no point in blaming others for the reasons you are here, because it was in your choices that brought you to tomorrow. The words used and actions taken will always carry a consequence, either good or bad. Like in the scenario, the child will grow and become an adult. If they find revelation in their life gender will not only become something that just happens to be, but it becomes more of a purpose. Gender can turn this child into a faithful father, a loving mother, a doting uncle or a caring aunty. It is their identity, it brings happiness, and it has the potential to be apart of their story. This article was going to be titled ‘Battle of the Sexes: Is it a Gender Thing?’, but that would have been a wasted topic. Our society is corrupt, if people don’t know who they are how can they ever help others? Mentioned from the beginning is gender but in the end, where will revelation take you?

1. NTMO says:

The redefined edition.
    Gender: Where the story starts
    By NT

Gender is just the beginning. When a mother is pregnant one of the first questions asked is: what gender is the baby. Like Genesis, gender is where this story starts. Most parents will go out of their way to buy certain colours in clothing, bedding and even certain toys for their unborn child, eager in anticipation to hold onto that little bundle of joy. This child will grow knowing they have two parents that are always there for them, always loving and willing to bail them out of any situation. In teenage years this child will continue to grow, fall in and out of love and make many mistakes. It is in these years everyone will expect a plan to be established inside this child’s head for University, the workforce, travel or military service. It is from here the story is left unknown. There are many different scenarios this story can have. Some are bad and some – good, but the outcome is limitless.

Now gender is a common thing. Unmistakeably there is male and female. Only in certain circumstances have there been rare cases when the two cross over at birth, this is due to something that occurs inside that nine month process. But in the 21st century many people in the world become confused with what gender they are and through science they alter their own creation to change from one to the other. This article follows the last two recent topics the Queer and Self-improvement/happiness. There are people out there that choose to alter who they are to find that happiness in the world, and yet you don’t see the sky and earth trying to claim to be each other. The aim of this pathetic example is to show you a point: stop changing who you are and what you were meant to be.

Take this for example:

Oogway: Look at this tree, Shifu: I cannot make it blossom when it suits me nor make it bear fruit before its time.
    Shifu: But there are things we *can* control: I can control when the fruit will fall, I can control where to plant the seed: that is no illusion, Master!
    Oogway: Ah, yes. But no matter what you do, that seed will grow to be a peach tree. You may wish for an apple or an orange, but you will get a peach
    – (Kung Fu Panda, 2008)

Gender isn’t something to be confused about, that would be like confusing your toes from your fingers. There is always a point and a purpose on why and who you are, like Oogway says “You may wish for an apple or an orange, but you will get a peach, nothing is left to random chance.

I suppose if Gender is like the beginning then naturally the end must be revelation. There are paths people will take to be where they are now, but there is no point in blaming others for the reasons you are here, because it was in your choices that brought you to tomorrow. The words used and actions taken will always carry a consequence, either good or bad. Like this scenario, the child will grow and become an adult. If they find revelation in their life gender will not only become something that just happens to be, but it becomes more of a purpose. Gender can turn this child into a faithful father, a loving mother, a doting uncle or a caring aunty. It is their identity, it brings happiness, and it has the potential to be apart of their story. Our society is corrupt, if people don’t know who they are, how can they ever help others? Mentioned from the beginning is gender but in the end, where does revelation lie?