October 10, 2011 | by  | in Opinion |

Education Officer

Phew, is it just me, or has everyone else had an intensely busy and crazy last couple of weeks?

I hope you have all been looking after yourselves through this full-on time!

This last half of the trimester has flown by and it seems bizarre that the end of 2011 is fast approaching.

This has been an interesting year at VUWSA, I loved having the opportunity to represent students and to be part of something so important. VSM is going to pose many issues for VUWSA next year and it makes me sad that after all the hard work of our executive and those before us, many of the valuable services are at risk. VUWSA will be in fantastic hands next year with the delightful Bridie Hood as President. She has the skills, passion and drive that will ensure that students aren’t disadvantaged by VSM. If you want strong representation, student welfare services and a social atmosphere on campus next year, then I urge all of you that are enrolling to sign up to VUWSA and to encourage your friends to do the same.

I am both excited to be finishing my degree this trimester and joining the big bad world of full-time employment, and sad that I will be leaving Vic. I hope that all of the students finishing this year are getting super excited for graduating and will be getting ready to start another adventure, be it work, travel or further study. Whatever you are choosing to do I wish you all the very best!
Yay future!
Jen

10. International Queer in Review