October 2, 2011 | by  | in Opinion |

LOL News – Jesus walks

A painting depicting Jesus as an All Black which sold last week to an Australian rugby fan inspired a theological discussion on what form Jesus would take if and when he came back.

Gracing the front page of the Dominion Post, Reverend Frank Nelson of Wellington’s Cathedral of Saint Paul shared his view that, in accordance with the painting, it is very likely that Jesus would be resurrected as an All Black.

“Central to Christian belief is the fact that God became a human being, he became a man.”

“We often call New Zealanders God’s own, so it would be completely logical that if Jesus did come back he would be an All Black.”

Nelson went on to even specify the position Jesus would play if he were to grace our presence as a rugby star.

“He’d have to be a scrum-half, he’s the one that puts the ball in, definitely.”

Just hours after this irrefutable argument hit the news stands, a rugby-mad Australian rushed into the cathedral to purchase the painting, by local artist Don Little, which had a price tag of $3,000. The final selling price of the piece is unknown, but the $1,000 share of the cathedral will be donated to the Taita Pomare touch rugby team.

A passer-by commented that it was more tasteful than other iconographic pieces, but thought that Jesus would be a front-rower, rather than a halfback.

“He had all the brains and was surrounded by tough guys.”

The painting will remain on display at the cathedral for the duration of the Rugby World Cup.

1. Kory says:

I want to send you an award for most helpful internet wrteir.